all information provided by Mary Saltarelli, Historic Preservation Consultant
Saturday, September 19th 6:30pm – 11:00pm
Each year, Comanche Peak Ranch, LLC, and Ken Hill Sr. and his family generously offer Comanche Peak to Preserve Granbury as the site for the group’s annual fundraiser, Party on the Peak. During the party, visitors tour the private landmark and experience breathtaking panoramic views of the North Texas prairie.
“Party on the Peak is truly a once-in-a-lifetime experience,” said Cindy Peters, chair of Party on the Peak. “During last year’s party, after a tour and a visit to the scenic overlook at the north end of the peak, one of our party attendees told her guests ‘you can’t know Texas till you’ve seen it from Comanche Peak.'”
Proceeds from Party on the Peak and the auction will go toward fulfilling Preserve Granbury’s mission of preserving and promoting the historic integrity of the community. Preserve Granbury is a 501(c)(3) organization. Other than rehabilitating the Granbury College President’s House, the group’s projects include developing a preservation revolving fund to save endangered historic buildings, building a partnership with the Board of Realtors to rehabilitate needy houses, delivering presentations featuring the history of Hood County, and conducting historic tours of the community. Reservations for Party on the Peak are $100 each. Reservations can also be made for a table of ten for $1,000 or a table of eight for $800. They may be purchased online at www.preservegranbury.org or through the mail by sending a check and the names of those attending toPreserve Granbury, PO Box 1181, Granbury, 76048. Please include your e-mail and phone number withyour reservation. For more information on Preserve Granbury or Party on the Peak, or to purchase tickets by phone, call 817-219-5051.
photography courtesy of Mary Saltarelli
1. Don Gormley driving a tractor-load full of visitors taking tours of Comanche Peak during the 2014 Party on the Peak.
2. Ridge Roberts playing the fiddle–he will be playing during the 2015 Party on the Peak.
3. Dancing during the 2014 Party on the Peak.
4. Items created from historic salvage from Granbury College President’s house that will be available for purchase at the 2015 Party on the Peak.
5. Classical Revival column added to the Granbury College President’s house that will be available during the auction at the 2015 Party on the Peak.
6. Victorian-era rose wallpaper discovered during rehabilitation of the Granbury College President’s House.
Feature Image provided Preserve Granbury Facebook